Kindle Countdown Deals

Tuesday

19. An overflowing heart brings thanks – 30 days of thankful Scriptures




Complaining is convenient, especially when I feel weak from physical problems, tired from sleeplessness, frustrated by disappointing circumstances, or hurt by someone’s less-than-kind behavior. It’s easy to toss gripes into the air, whether anyone is listening or not.

What’s the remedy for carping?

When I have the presence of mind (read: “When I listen to the prompting of the Holy Spirit”) and pause to consider all God has done for me, along with the many ways He boosts me with His strength and life-giving love, my attitude has a chance to shift.

It’s a choice.  Nope, I don’t always make the right one. But, when I do, my countenance is lifted. My heart overflows. My song returns. And I am thankful. Maybe you’re nodding with me, as you read this.


The Lord is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him.” (Psalm 28:7, ESV)

Image/s:
Bible verse graphic created by this user,
using online quote generator.

Feel free to follow on GooglePlus and Twitter. Don’t miss the Heart of a Ready Writer page on Facebook. You are invited to visit my Amazon author page as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment