Kindle Countdown Deals

Wednesday

14. Gratitude is telling – 30 days of thankful Scriptures




Stop me, if you’ve heard this one. This is sort of how things went in our family, when the kids were a lot younger.

“Did you thank Grandma for her Christmas gift?” (Substitute any family member’s name, or slip in “birthday” for “Christmas.” It still works.)

“Not yet. But she knows I appreciated it.”

Wait. Does she? And even if she does, shouldn’t she receive a clear “Thank you”?

I think maybe we do the same thing to God sometimes. We know He sees our hearts. He understands our thoughts. He knows we love Him and that we appreciate His Presence in our lives and the way He provides for us constantly.

But He still enjoys our praise and worship and thanks.

“I will give thanks to the Lord with all my heart; I will tell of all Your wonders. I will be glad and exult in You; I will sing praise to Your name, O Most High.” (Psalm 9:1-2, NASB)


Image/s:
Bible verse graphic created by this user,
using online quote generator.

Feel free to follow on GooglePlus and Twitter. Don’t miss the Heart of a Ready Writer page on Facebook. You are invited to visit my Amazon author page as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment