Kindle Countdown Deals

Tuesday

April 21st - Prayers for Vitality

Prayers for Vitality

(Psalm 35; 41; 43; 46; 55)


David

By Lord Frederic Leighton

1865


Today’s selection of Psalms contains several familiar Scriptures. Here are some of my own favorites.


“Why are you downcast, O my soul?

Why so disturbed within me?

Put your hope in God,

for I will yet praise Him,

my Savior and my God.”

(Psalm 43:5, NIV)


“God is our refuge and strength,

A very present help in trouble.”

(Psalm 46:1, NASB)


“Cease striving

And know that I am God.

I will be exalted among the nations;

I will be exalted in the earth.
(Psalm 46:10, NASB)


“But I call to God,

And the Lord saves me.

Evening, morning and noon

I cry out in distress,

And He hears my voice.”

(Psalm 55:16-17, NIV)


“Give your burdens to the Lord,
and He will take care of you.
He will not permit the godly to slip and fall.”

(Psalm 55:22, NLT)


What are your favorite verses? How many of them did you recognize from memory in today’s Bible readings from the Psalms?


Why not memorize one or two Scripture verses that the Lord places on your heart from among these passages of His Word? (Click here to read “Scripture Memory Techniques.”)


April is National Poetry Month in the United States. As such, it seems only fitting to pray poetically, using the Psalms as a springboard.


Will you pray with me?


Great God, we bless Your Holy Name.

You lift our souls from daily shame.

Our hope and trust we place in You;

Protect us, Father, ever true.

Teach us to stop and just be still,

To acquiesce unto Your will.

For You are Lord of every tribe,

Beyond the realms we might describe.

We call to You at every hour,

For we're dependent on Your power.

Save us, Lord, from all distress,

That we may still Your praise express.

We love You, as you lift our eyes;

May we Your voice e’er recognize.

Amen.


Add to Technorati Favorites

1 comment: