Kindle Countdown Deals

Sunday

A to Z Answers: Help for the Helpless


Have you ever felt helpless?

Maybe everyone comes to that point sometime. Life can be hairy, heartbreaking or even hairy. We can grow haggard, especially if we’re not too headstrong to hesitate before hysteria sets in.

The Holy One offers hope when we humble ourselves and holler for help, instead of pretending to be stronger than we actually are.

What happens when we throw up our hands and cry out to Heaven?

The Apostle Paul may have been one of the most remarkable leaders the Church has ever known. What was his greatest strength? Perhaps it was his sense of spiritual reality, for he understood firsthand that true power come only from the Source of Life.

But He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.
(2 Corinthians 12:9, NIV)

According to Paul, human weakness opens the door for greater revelation of the power of the Almighty.

Amen.

Maybe helplessness is a powerful thing, if it drives us into the hands of the One who can offer us help and hope.

Arise, Lord! Lift up your hand, O God. Do not forget the helpless.
(Psalm 10:12, NIV)

Hallelujah!

Feel free to follow on GooglePlus and Twitter. You are also invited to join this writer's fan page, as well as the Chicago Etiquette Examiner, Madison Holidays Examiner, Equestrian Examiner and Madison Equestrian Examiner on Facebook.

Related Items:
Bodybuilder
Public Domain Clipart – Wikipedia Commons Photos
A to Z Blogging Challenge 2012 logo
Fair Use

Add to Technorati Favorites

2 comments:

  1. good thoughts. I'm trying to visit all the A-Z Challenge blogs this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm one of those people who also thinks I can handle it. I need to remember that I don't have to handle things alone. Thanks for the reminder.

    <a href="http://carolsnotebook.com>Carol's Notebook</a>

    ReplyDelete