Kindle Countdown Deals

Friday

A to Z Answers: Found Faithful


Frustration festers inside me every time I hear someone say that we live in a faithless generation. Perhaps we do, but faith may still be found in many hearts.

I want to be a person of faith. I long to be faithful, even in the moments when I behave faithlessly. Most of all, I want the Father to find me faithful.

Deeply, I desire to be found filled with faith.

Maybe we all do.

That’s where God’s grace comes in.

As a child in Sunday school, I heard a definition of grace that has stuck with me ever since.

“Grace is God’s unmerited favor.”

That means God is willing to grant us His favor at His own cost, with no reliance on any of our own efforts or assets. What could we possibly offer that would meet the cost, anyway?

Jesus already paid the price for God’s grace when He willingly went to the cross. Isn't that what makes Good Friday "good"?

All we need do is trust and follow.

Still, faithfulness counts considerably.

If we even partially comprehend what it cost our Lord to buy our broken lives back from sin and death, will we not want to live more faithfully?

As Shakespeare said, “Aye, there’s the rub” (Hamlet, Act III, Scene 1, line 68).

How many will be found faithful?

This song by the late Keith Green stirs my heart each time I hear it, and I’ve heard it plenty over the years.

Glory Lord Jesus, glory to your Holy Name.
Forevermore you'll never change.
When the Son of Man returns,
Will He find faith on the Earth?
Well I hope so, I want to be found ready.

 .
 .

But when the Son of Man returns, how many will he find on the earth who have faith?
(Luke 18:8, NLT)

Father, find us faithful, even as we falter in following You. Fill us with faith.

Feel free to follow on GooglePlus and Twitter. You are also invited to join this writer's fan page, as well as the Chicago Etiquette Examiner, Madison Holidays Examiner, Equestrian Examiner and Madison Equestrian Examiner on Facebook.
Related Items:

Image/s:
From: Sherlock Holmes and the Empty House
1903
Public Domain Artwork
Preaching to the Mirror
Adapted from ClipArt ETC
A to Z Blogging Challenge 2012 logo
Fair Use

Add to Technorati Favorites

2 comments:

  1. Faith is a short word and yet so powerful. Interesting post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DIscovered your sight via A to Z. You blog title caught my eye, I had never heard that verse in NIV before.

    I love your perspective on faith. Isn't it interesting how the fruit of His faithfulness to us is our inward desire to be faithful to Him.

    Bookmarked ya!

    ReplyDelete