Kindle Countdown Deals

Monday

Observant – God's character from A to Z



I love to run out in the country. I’ll log several miles, jogging along the edges of county highways and dusty farm roads and rocky forest trails. Sometimes I go solo, singing along to praise songs (which are piping through my earphones) all the way.

Don’t laugh!

I may be panting, but I’m still making a joyful noise. I am pretty sure one of my God-given life purposes is to crack God up once in a while. He’s gotta be laughing fairly often at some of the stunts I pull, especially when I think I’m hitting the mark, but I’m not. And it’s a fair bet He chuckles to hear me trying to sing, especially alone and a cappella, while I am trudging along in my sneakers.

Forgive me. I digress.

Not long ago, I was plodding along a deserted stretch of roadway. I clomped up over a hill and noticed a disheveled looking man, sort of staggering along the other side of the street. He looked up and saw me and began to cross the road towards me.

This doesn’t look good, I thought. I had already run about seven miles, and I’d just come up a hill (as I mentioned). Stepping on the proverbial gas and leaving the guy to eat my dust was not much of an option at that point. I was leery that he might overtake me. (It's not like I run with money or valuables, but I surely didn't want any trouble.)

All of a sudden, the guy stumbled over nothing and put one knee down on the pavement. He yelped and then muttered something, just as I was passing him. Although I was tired, I felt a little more vigor and pushed forward.

I ran on for a stretch before looking back to see the stranger reeling along again in the opposite direction from me.

Maybe another person would have stopped to see if the guy was OK. But I was alone and a little concerned about safety. Plus, he didn’t really fall that hard. But it was enough to change his mind about approaching me. 



Immediately, I thanked God for looking out for me yet again. I know this story could have ended very differently.

God doesn’t miss a trick. He is observant.

“For the eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to Him.” (2 Chronicles 16:9a, NIV)


Yes, God is keeping track of the whole world at once. He’s watching world crises, ministering to those in need, drawing hearts to Himself, saving souls, and making miracles all over the place.

But take heart. He sees you too. He hears you when you cry out to Him. And He desires to guard and strengthen you. 



Image/s:
Adapted from public domain art
Bible verse graphic – created on quote generator


Feel free to follow on GooglePlus and Twitter. Don’t miss the Heart of a Ready Writer page on Facebook.



No comments:

Post a Comment