Kindle Countdown Deals

Monday

Doing a new Bible study and losing sleep over it already




That’s not all bad. Sure, I need to catch some z’s, like anyone else. I’m a little tired. But God’s working this for good.

Let’s back up a moment.

I am blessed to belong to a wonderful group of ladies, who gather weekly to dig into meaty Bible studies. The insights and heart-shares go way past anything I’ve ever experienced in a group before. Our times together are amazing.

Here’s the best part.

These ladies are prayer warriors. I’m not even kidding. They take prayers right to the ear of God, often backing up intercessions with relevant Bible promises. We love to pray when we get together. Plus, when these ladies promise to pray over something, they follow through. They pray for the whole week, not just when we gather.

I cannot tell you how inspired I am by these ladies of faith. And God, in His great grace, has responded to their prayers again and again.

We have seen remarkable answers to prayer.


  • Conflicts have been mended.
  • Injuries have been repaired.
  • Jobs have been found.
  • People have come to faith.
  • Rebellious teens have returned.
  • Sick loved ones have been healed.
  • Wallets have been stretched month-long.
  • The list goes on and on.


Clearly, the enemy has taken notice.

Two months ago, we decided to dig into a new Bible study. The program, penned and taught by a currently popular Bible teacher, includes participant workbooks and DVD teaching. Eagerly, we all purchased our books.

Then the DVD went missing.

Finally, the situation was resolved, and we began the Bible study. The emphasis is on prayer, spiritual warfare, and the armor of God (see Ephesians 6). We are already figuring out why the enemy might not be fond of this material.

I’ve been losing sleep ever since I cracked that book. God keeps waking me up to pray. Although I cherish those quiet moments we share (just me and God), I’m gearing up to pray another Scripture tonight:


“I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the Lord sustains me.”


Image/s:
Adapted from public domain photo
Bible verse graphic – created on quote generator


Feel free to follow on GooglePlus and Twitter. Don’t miss the Heart of a Ready Writer page on Facebook.

Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments:

Post a Comment