Kindle Countdown Deals

Saturday

2017 A-Z Challenge theme reveal: Hearty hymns from A to Z




Heart of a Ready Writer is on-board again for the April A to Z Challenge. This annual blog event brings thousands of bloggers together to post daily alphabetical entries throughout the month. (Sundays are the exception.)

Here’s the Heart of a Ready Writer’s theme this year:

Hearty hymns from A to Z



Throughout the history of the Church (and even since the biblical Psalms were first penned), hymns and sacred songs have encouraged and taught believers about God’s Word. Just leaf through an old hymnal, and you will find treasures of truth.

In fact, I have a faded volume (which I picked up many years ago) that I occasionally use for personal devotional times. I love to pick a beloved hymn and ponder the phrasings, which always point to the Lord’s own heart.

Certainly, modern worship songs can be heartfelt and meaningful. Still, I cherish the traditional hymns for their beautiful wordings, their rhyme and meter, and their familiarity. Besides, it's amazing how much Scripture may be committed to memory, simply by learning some of these church classics.

Watch for 26 April posts, featuring a different hymn each day.  

Every post will include a YouTube video, so you can view and listen. You may recognize some as familiar favorites, while others may be new to you. Those I’ve chosen to share will be extremely varied, in terms of artists and musical genres. I hope you will enjoy the selections and that you will be blessed by them.

You are invited to return often (How about daily?) to view all of the A-Z posts. Be sure to comment, and let me know you were here! And, if you have a blog, please leave a link, so I can find your posts too.
Happy A to Z.


No comments:

Post a Comment