Kindle Countdown Deals

Monday

Stopping for Surgery - 30 Days of Thankfulness



Today is one of those times when I’ve decided to be grateful, whether I feel like it or not.

It’s surgery day.

OK, it’s not open-heart surgery, brain surgery, or another highly invasive procedure. It’s eye surgery.

But to a person who enjoys a certain amount of personal space (and who doesn’t?), that’s enough to rattle my proverbial cage a bit. I’ve had plenty of eye procedures, and I’ll spare you the gory details. But past experience doesn’t make present procedures any less painful or potentially problematic.

As the doctor and his crew pry my eyelid open, I will try not to look, and I will try to trust.

I sincerely appreciate modern medicine. I am grateful that today’s technologies can do unfathomable repairs on countless parts of the human body – even the eyes.

I trust the Lord to send His holy guardians to watch over the entire process and to guide the doctor’s eyes and hands. I know God can grant me His supernatural Presence and peace to get through it with His help.

For God has not given us
a spirit of fear,
but of power
and of love
and of a sound mind.
(2 Timothy 1:7, NKJV)

Peace I leave with you,
my peace I give unto you:
not as the world giveth,
give I unto you.
Let not your heart be troubled,
neither let it be afraid."
(John 14:27, KJV)

Still, I will be abundantly glad when this daunting day is over.

I’m thankful for skilled surgeons.

I’ll be even more thankful in hindsight.


 

For what are you thankful?
Image/s:
Eyes Up
Stock.xchng Photos
Thankful at Thanksgiving
Adapted from public domain artwork

Related Items:



Feel free to follow on GooglePlus and Twitter. You are also invited to join this writer's fan page, as well as the Chicago Etiquette Examiner, Madison Holidays Examiner, Equestrian Examiner and Madison Equestrian Examiner on Facebook.

Add to Technorati Favorites

2 comments: