Kindle Countdown Deals

Wednesday

Going on with Gratitude - 30 Days of Thankfulness



Thank God the election is over, and we can get on with daily living.

Nope, I’m not gonna turn this post into a political diatribe, although I have pretty strong personal feelings about the outcome of yesterday’s voting. But I’m not planning to post any cheers or complaints about winners or losers.

I won’t post a cell phone photo of my ballot. I won’t even print how I voted. Let’s just say I’m going on with gratitude.

I know Who holds the future. And that did not depend upon blue or red states on a map.

Let’s pray and move on.

I am grateful that the sun came up this morning. I woke up breathing. My family is reasonably on schedule today.


I’m thankful for God’s grace and goodness.

God still reigns. And He is good. To Him be all the glory, whether or not we agree with the popular vote, the Electoral College, or even those who count the votes.

I will proclaim the name of the Lord;
  He is the Rock; His deeds are perfect.
    Everything He does is just and fair.
He is a faithful God who does no wrong;
    how just and upright He is!
(Deuteronomy 32:3-4, NLT)


 
God’s got this.

Now, can we work on being compatriots again?

For what are you thankful?


 
Image/s:
Crown Artwork
Creative Commons Licensing
Thankful at Thanksgiving
Adapted from public domain artwork

Related Items:

  • 12 Famous and Festive Prayers for Thanksgiving - As we gather to celebrate Thanksgiving, we ponder many blessings in our lives. May we thank the One from whom all our blessings come. Here are 12 of our favorite Thanksgiving prayers.
  • Internet Intercession: Praying Online - Now that the world is at our fingertips, via the internet, a host of holy ones are no longer folding their hands to pray. Instead, folks are tapping their computer keyboards, as they pray for one another. How does this work?
  • For What Am I Most Thankful This Year? - For what am I most thankful this year at Thanksgiving? The greatest blessings in my life may be found in this rhymed acrostic poem. Included is a plea for greater gratitude and a renewed attitude. Happy Thanksgiving!


Feel free to follow on GooglePlus and Twitter. You are also invited to join this writer's fan page, as well as the Chicago Etiquette Examiner, Madison Holidays Examiner, Equestrian Examiner and Madison Equestrian Examiner on Facebook.



Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments:

Post a Comment