Kindle Countdown Deals

Friday

eXamining eXcellence - 30 Days of Thankfulness



“Nobody’s expert at everything, but everyone’s expert at something.”

I’m not sure where I first heard that, but I have echoed that sentence so often to my children that they now complete the sentence for me in a singsong fashion.

It’s so true.


How grateful I am for the many experts God has placed in my life.

These folks have taught me skills and modeled excellence in countless ways. More than once, these wise and skilled ones have saved me from near disaster or damage, simply because they were available and willing to intervene in due time. Others have prevented potentially humiliating gaffes on my behalf by offering subtle interventions in the nick of time.

Even more, I appreciate those expert individuals who demonstrate excellence for my children, often in ways I cannot. What a blessing it is for fellow followers to fill in for one another.

I’m thankful for eXperts in eXcellence.

Who are the most excellent experts in your life? What have they taught you? And to whom may you serve as a mentor of some sort?

Finally, brethren, 
whatever is true, 
whatever is honorable, 
whatever is right, 
whatever is pure, 
whatever is lovely, 
whatever is of good repute, 
if there is any excellence
and if anything worthy of praise, 
dwell on these things.
(Philippians 4:8, NASB)

For what are you thankful?

Image/s:
Hand on Shoulder
Stock.xchng Photos
Public Domain Artwork
Thankful at Thanksgiving
Adapted from public domain artwork

 

Related Items:

Feel free to follow on GooglePlus and Twitter. You are also invited to join this writer's fan page, as well as the Chicago Etiquette Examiner, Madison Holidays Examiner, Equestrian Examiner and Madison Equestrian Examiner on Facebook.

Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments:

Post a Comment