Kindle Countdown Deals

Friday

Inviting Imagination - 30 Days of Thankfulness



The calendar says November, and that means NaNoWriMo is underway. National Novel Writing Month draws authors and aspiring novelists out of daily routines, as these intrepid individuals pound out full-length fictional works in 30 days.

NaNoWriMo participants: I’m not playing this year, but I salute you for your initiative and incomparable instincts. Mostly, I admire your imagination.

I’ve done NaNoWriMo before, and it nearly killed me. Writing thousands of words a day for an entire month, on top of ongoing news beats and feature article assignments almost did me in.

But I survived NaNoWriMo. I wrote the 50,000-word work. Then I reintroduced myself to my real-life family and friends and went on with life.

I’ll be back another year. Wanna know why?

Writers gotta write.

OK, that departure from diction was intentional. Call it poetic license, if you like.

Last spring (and the spring before that), I did NaPoWriMo, National Poetry Writing Month. And I had a blast. I love working with words and finding intriguing ways to communicate issues and idiosyncrasies of life. That’s my niche, and it oddly suits me.


(Maybe I can use that one.)

What’s your gift from God?

Are you a creative communicator? A skilled craftsman? An adept administrator? Whatever talents you received from the Almighty, you have likely experienced the joy of exercising them.

You may even have trudged through the discouragement of not using your God-given abilities for a time.

He alone decides
which gift
each person should have.
(1 Corinthians 12:11b, NLT)

God’s gifts grow when we use them.

Teachers thrive in teaching. Builders do best while building. Artists achieve greatness through applying their artistry. Athletes shine in their own fields or arenas.

Sure, we all may have spells of idleness. We may seem sidelined for a season. But a true gift glows somewhere in one’s spirit until it’s fanned into full flames again.

I’m thankful for inviting imagination.

I’m waiting for it … and excited to see where it will spring up next.

For what are you thankful?

Image/s:
3 Gifts
Stock.xchng Photos
Thankful at Thanksgiving
Adapted from public domain artwork
Related Items:
  • 10 nifty ways to wrap holiday presents without boxes or gift bags - Last-minute gift wrapping leaves Christmas shoppers a-whirl. Odd-shaped gifts are challenging to wrap without boxes or bags. What’s a gift wrapper to do? Here are 10 creative ways to package holiday gifts, often using items you may already have.
  • A Poet's Plea - What greater source of creativity is there than the Great Creator? Poets, painters and all creative artists may seek inspiration from the Source. This poet pleads for truth and purpose from the One who offers His gifts freely, for He has paid the price.
  • Gracious Gift Receiving - How to Receive a Gross Gift Gratefully - Gag gifts are one thing, but what if you get a gift that makes you gag? Here are some helpful tips, to get you through the initial shock and back to festive fellowship and holiday cheer.

Feel free to follow on GooglePlus and Twitter. You are also invited to join this writer's fan page, as well as the Chicago Etiquette Examiner, Madison Holidays Examiner, Equestrian Examiner and Madison Equestrian Examiner on Facebook.

Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments:

Post a Comment