Kindle Countdown Deals

Tuesday

Outgoing Optician - 30 Days of Thankfulness



Ouch! Yesterday, I endured a marathon session of poking, prodding, pushing, and plunking – all about my eyes. Scrub-dressed techs dripped drops in my eyes, focused laser lights at my pupils, and even touched my eyeballs with their instruments.

It was awful, but I’m thankful.

Vision is a very real issue for me these days, ever since I endured a temporary blindness season that lasted just over a month.

At the time, the emergency room doctor-on-duty referred me to a local ophthalmologist, who was clearly puzzled by my predicament. I sat there in the dark, with my pupils fully dilated, peering through the multi-lens torture device one always finds in such spots, and waited for a good word. The eye doctor called in her colleague for a consult.

“Maybe she has lupus,” she began. “It could be multiple sclerosis or a brain tumor.”

“I dunno,” said her professional associate. “Let’s refer her to [the teaching hospital].”

And they did.


 

That was a few years ago. 

Ever since, I have dutifully attended periodic appointments for professionals to peek into my peepers. Doctors ruled out most of the scariest possible diagnoses, save one, but they like to keep an eye (so to speak) on things.

My new eye doctor, actually an optician, orders the full battery of tests each time. But his manner is much more open and amiable. He explains the findings and answers my questions.

This time, he’s sending me for an outpatient surgery on my eyes. Yeah, I’m not relishing that prospect. But I’m grateful it can be done – and by experts. 


 

I’m thankful for my outgoing optician.

Remind me of that, if you would, when it’s time to go for the procedures.

The Great Physician is on the job, I know. I’m already praying He will run the show, as He is the real expert on vision of every sort.

Praise the Lord, my soul!
    All my being, praise his holy name!
Praise the Lord, my soul,
    and do not forget how kind he is.
He forgives all my sins
    and heals all my diseases.
(Psalm 103:1-3, Good News)

Jehovah Rapha has got this one.

For what are you thankful?
Image/s:
Scrunched Eyes
Stock.xchng Photos
Thankful at Thanksgiving
Adapted from public domain artwork
Related Items:

 

Feel free to follow on GooglePlus and Twitter. You are also invited to join this writer's fan page, as well as the Chicago Etiquette Examiner, Madison Holidays Examiner, Equestrian Examiner and Madison Equestrian Examiner on Facebook.

Add to Technorati Favorites

 

No comments:

Post a Comment