Kindle Countdown Deals

Monday

Danger-free Decisions - 30 Days of Thankfulness



The faithful are divided, but maybe that’s OK.

Election Day is coming in America, and citizens are taking sides. Many have already cast their ballots in early or absentee voting.

Sure, folks feel strongly about their chosen candidates. Signs appear all over, and posts proliferate online.

But I’m grateful.

I’m thankful for danger-free decisions in our great nation.

Sure, pundits from both parties may trumpet the dangers of electing the wrong candidates. And their arguments may be merited.

Still, we have the opportunity to cast our votes freely. We can speak up without worrying about our safety, our children, or our homes.

When I visit the polling place on Election Day, no armed guard will look over my shoulder to see how I vote. No one will take away my job for the way I punch my ballot. It’s private. It’s protected. It’s personal.

And it’s free.

Here’s the best part. If I don’t like the candidates that win, I will have a chance to vote him or her out in a few years.

Yep, I’m thankful for danger-free decisions.

I’m praying for the outcome of the elections. What’s more, I’ll be praying for those elected, as they assume their new positions.

God knows – they’re gonna need it.

The first thing I want you to do is pray.
Pray every way you know how,
for everyone you know.
Pray especially for rulers
and their governments to rule well
so we can be quietly
about our business of living simply,
in humble contemplation.
This is the way our Savior God
wants us to live.
1 Timothy 2:1-3, MSG

For what are you thankful?

Image/s:
Voting Sign by Tom Arthur
Creative Commons Licensing
Wikipedia Commons Photos
Thankful at Thanksgiving
Adapted from public domain artwork

 
Related Items:

  • Popular Quotations About Voters and Voting - 12 Quotes of Note for Those Who Would Vote - Let's take a look at some pointed comments, aimed at the democratic electoral process by renowned and even infamous individuals from several walks of life, spanning more than two centuries.
  • Presidential Quotations on Elections - What Have American Presidents Said About the Voting Process? Let's examine some quotes on votes, or comments on the American electoral process, from some of those who have actually served as President of the United States.


 
Feel free to follow on GooglePlus and Twitter. You are also invited to join this writer's fan page, as well as the Chicago Etiquette Examiner, Madison Holidays Examiner, Equestrian Examiner and Madison Equestrian Examiner on Facebook.


 
Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments:

Post a Comment