Kindle Countdown Deals

Saturday

God Restores = #23 of 30 Days of God's Promises



It’s pretty easy to feel like a world-beater when one is young and strong and healthy. Anyone remember?

But what happens when aches and pains, struggles and symptoms start to show up?

I used to know that God would give me the strength I needed to face each day. I used to believe He would heal whatever illness or injury came my way. I really believed it.


I had no idea.

Oh, Lord. Forgive me for taking this truth lightly. My beliefs didn’t become real until they were tested.

Several years ago, I was diagnosed with a dreaded disease that usually wreaks havoc on a person’s body and mind. This chronic condition can be crippling in all kinds of ways.

At first, this felt like a life sentence.

But God stepped in and helped me to stand.

Now I really do know that God gives me the strength I need to face each day – even on the hardest days, when my own strength has vanished. I really do believe God is my Healer. He has raised me up from the most terrible tumbles, mending broken bones and unlocking frozen limbs.

Jehovah Rapha, the Healer, has replaced pain with purpose, fear with freedom, and weariness with wonder. And He’s not finished with me yet.

It all sounds like pat answers – till you’ve been there.

 In His abundant wisdom, God knows there is something miraculous about finding light in darkness, where we need it the most.

And here’s today’s Bible promise:

“My health may fail,
and my spirit may grow weak,
but God remains
 the strength of my heart;
He is mine forever.
(Psalm 73:26, NLT)

Oh, Lord, remind me to pray this promise daily. How often I need You to restore my health and strength, as only You can do.

Image/s:
Scripture Graphic and
30 days of God’s Promises Graphic
Created by this user


Feel free to follow on GooglePlus and Twitter. Check out the Heart of a Ready Writer page on Facebook. You might even “LIKE” it!

You are also invited to join this writer's fan page, as well as the Chicago Etiquette Examiner, Madison Holidays Examiner, Equestrian Examiner and Madison Equestrian Examiner on Facebook.

Add to Technorati Favorites

 

1 comment:

  1. I haven't been keeping up with this great series, to my loss; but I am glad I read today's encouraging word! Perfect timing!

    ReplyDelete