Kindle Countdown Deals

Wednesday

God Helps = #6 of 30 Days of God's Promises



What do you fear the most?

Here we are in November, having just come through Halloween, preceded by more than a month of horror movie overload on every cable television channel imaginable. Maybe some of those mysterious monsters and suspenseful scenes gave you pause, if you watched.

But what really scares you?

For many of us, our deepest fears may come from within. Maybe we are afraid of the future, the unknown, difficult relationships, or health concerns. Some folks may fear change, potential failure, or even success.

Today’s promise offers encouragement for all of us, as we face fears of all sorts.

So do not be afraid. I am with you.
 Do not be terrified. I am your God.
I will make you strong and help you.
My powerful right hand will take good care of you.
 I always do what is right.
(Isaiah 41:10, NIrV)

How we need these words – every day!



Perils, phobias, and panic can paralyze us – spiritually, emotionally, mentally, and even physically. That frozen feeling of fear is unnerving to any who have ever experienced it. But God is bigger.

Scriptural context supports this, too!

Often, I enjoy reading the Bible on my tablet or searching for favorite Scriptures online. These handy options can streamline Bible study. I’ve also been encouraged by listening to the Bible on CD in the car.

But, when I really want to dig in, I find that nothing beats turning the pages in my own marked-up, tattered personal Life Application Study Bible. The pages are dog-eared, and loose notes fall out all over my lap when I open the Book. Bet your Bible looks a little like that too.

But the footnotes, cross-references, and even my handwritten margin notes frequently add meaning for me. Scribbled snippets jog my memory, reminding me of Bible study classes or special sermons I have heard. Key words, circled in many ink colors, jump off the page.

The Scripture promise I picked for today may be familiar to you, but maybe in another Bible translation. Perhaps you memorized it in the King James Version, New American Standard Bible, the New International Version, or another Scripture translation.

When I come across a familiar verse, I sometimes find myself skimming. I have to stop and go back and read it again. Using an unfamiliar Bible translation makes me pay attention better.

For today’s Bible promise, I like the New International Reader's Version, because it’s different and fresh and clear.

The margin notes in my Bible sent me to these related verses today.

Take a look:

Be strong and courageous.
Do not be afraid or terrified because of them,
 for the Lord your God goes with you;
he will never leave you nor forsake you.
(Deuteronomy 31:6, NIV)

Your arm is endowed with power;
your hand is strong,
your right hand exalted.
(Psalm 89:13, NIV)

What, then, shall we say in response to these things?
If God is for us, who can be against us?
(Romans 8:31, NIV)

Amen.

 Throughout the month of November, Heart of a Ready Writer posts favorite Scripture blessings in a series titled “30 Days of God’s Promises.” Why not bookmark, follow, or subscribe (free), so you won’t miss a single one?

Image/s:
Scripture Graphic and
30 days of God’s Promises Graphic
Created by this user

Feel free to follow on GooglePlus and Twitter. Check out the Heart of a Ready Writer page on Facebook. You might even “LIKE” it!

You are also invited to join this writer's fan page, as well as the Chicago Etiquette Examiner, Madison Holidays Examiner, Equestrian Examiner and Madison Equestrian Examiner on Facebook.

Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments:

Post a Comment