Kindle Countdown Deals

Saturday

God Forgives = #29 of 30 Days of God's Promises




I’m a day late with this daily blog series. Honestly, I’m not even sure which day I missed.

Here it is, the last day of November, and I have two posts yet to make to finish the project. I’ll catch up and post twice today. And my dear readers will likely be gracious about this lapse, I’d bet.

That’s what brethren do – grant one another grace.

Or at least, that’s what we aim to do.

It’s pretty easy for us to be gracious about little details. But what happens when we slip up in bigger, more hurtful ways? 

How about when we step into areas of behavior that really stir folks up?

Yesterday, as I ran a couple of quick errands, I saw a guy with a tee shirt bearing this message:

Don’t judge me,
just because I sin
in a different way
than you do.

Ouch.

We do that, don’t we?

Why do we like to think some sins are way worse than others? We tend to be more offended by certain sorts of transgressions, but we may be inclined to let others slip. We stare at some slip-ups, but we look the other way at others.

Isn’t sin always sin?

Thank God that our gracious Lord offers freedom from every flavor of foulness.

All of us could stand condemned before the holy Jehovah, but none of us needs to.

He is the Answer. His own life-payment fit the bill forever.

And there is not more condemnation for those who are His. All we have to do is accept His invitation.

No condemnation.

Oh, how He is worthy of our praise.

So there is now no condemnation
for those who belong to Christ Jesus.
For the power of the life-giving Spirit
(and this power is mine through Christ Jesus)
has freed me
from the vicious cycle
of sin and death.
(Romans 8:1-2, TLB)


Image/s:
Scripture Graphic and
30 days of God’s Promises Graphic
Created by this user

Feel free to follow on GooglePlus and Twitter. Check out the Heart of a Ready Writer page on Facebook. You might even “LIKE” it!

You are also invited to join this writer's fan page, as well as the Chicago Etiquette Examiner, Madison Holidays Examiner, Equestrian Examiner and Madison Equestrian Examiner on Facebook.


Add to Technorati Favorites

 

No comments:

Post a Comment