Kindle Countdown Deals

Monday

God Makes Me Hungry = #25 of 30 Days of God's Promises



It’s Thanksgiving week. Turkeys are flying out of grocery store freezers, almost by themselves. OK, maybe not.

But, despite the difficult economic times in which we live, many Americans are eagerly anticipating the upcoming turkey feast. We will dig into platefuls of turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and gravy. Lots of gravy.

A loved one, who is a wonderful cook, has graciously invited us to celebrate Thanksgiving Day at her table. I’m preparing mashed potatoes, an appetizer, and a couple of seasonal breads.

I love the sweet aroma of breads, as they bake. Right now, several tantalizing scents are wafting through my home. The air is filled with cinnamon, cranberry, and pumpkin. Oh, how lovely!

The mere smell is making me hungry again – right after breakfast.

Today’s Bible promise points to an altogether different sort of bread.

I am the Bread of Life. 
He who comes to Me 
shall never hunger, 
and he who believes in Me 
shall never thirst.
(John 6:35, NKJV)

Except I do.

Since I came to Christ and began to know Him personally, I have found a brand-new hunger and thirst. And it’s stronger than ever.

I hunger to know Him more. I thirst for His knowledge, wisdom, and strength. A wholly different sort of appetite grows within me than I have ever known before.

Maybe you have the same hunger and thirst.

And, although the Lord satisfies this desire in our sweet moments together, I pray this hunger and thirst never subsides. I want to want Him more, until all my less desirable wishes and wants fade away altogether.

Image/s:

Scripture Graphic and
30 days of God’s Promises Graphic
Created by this user

Feel free to follow on GooglePlus and Twitter. Check out the Heart of a Ready Writer page on Facebook. You might even “LIKE” it!

You are also invited to join this writer's fan page, as well as the Chicago Etiquette Examiner, Madison Holidays Examiner, Equestrian Examiner and Madison Equestrian Examiner on Facebook.


Add to Technorati Favorites

 

No comments:

Post a Comment