Kindle Countdown Deals

Friday

God Makes Peace = #22 of 30 Days of God's Promises



I grew up watching old black-and-white Western movies. It wasn’t so much that I was into that film genre personally, although I loved watching the cowboys galloping their horses across the open plains.

Honestly, I think I viewed so many Westerns because my two older brothers were into them. We didn’t have TVs in every room, and we surely didn’t have cable. Whatever was on … was on.

Besides, I enjoyed hanging out with those two great guys. I still do.

Anyway, the plot of each old Western film seemed to wrap up with the same line.

“It’s time to make peace with your Maker,” the gun-wielding Wild West hero usually says, as he holds the fugitive outlaw in his sights. That’s a quotable quote, if I ever heard one.

But is it true? Can we make peace with our Maker?

Today’s Bible verse talks about peace with God, but I think it turns the tables on old movie scriptwriters.

Therefore,
having been justified by faith,
we have peace with God
through our Lord Jesus Christ.
(Romans 5:1, NKJV)

The book of Romans overflows with Christian doctrine, pointing to the sinfulness of man and the unearned, wholly undeserved grace of God, demonstrated through His own Son’s physical sacrifice in our place to pay for sin.

God, how He loves us, even before we realize we need Him.

Jesus is our Peacemaker, as He made our peace with God.

There’s nothing we can do to forge a peace treaty with the Lord. But, thank God, He has already done that work. All we have to do is confess that we need it and join His accord.

I’m pretty sure God would love to honor the dying plea of even the worst Wild West bandit. But the purchase of divine peace comes from the Divine Himself.

Maybe the scriptwriters should have said this:

“It’s time to let your Maker offer you the peace that only He can give.”

Oh, Lord. Let that be my daily prayer. I want Your peace. Thank You for making the way to make peace between God and man.

Image/s:
Scripture Graphic and
30 days of God’s Promises Graphic
Created by this user

Feel free to follow on GooglePlus and Twitter. Check out the Heart of a Ready Writer page on Facebook. You might even “LIKE” it!

You are also invited to join this writer's fan page, as well as the Chicago Etiquette Examiner, Madison Holidays Examiner, Equestrian Examiner and Madison Equestrian Examiner on Facebook.

Add to Technorati Favorites

 

No comments:

Post a Comment