Kindle Countdown Deals

Monday

God Beautifies = #11 of 30 Days of God's Promises



I’m older today. Don’t laugh. You are too. Who can deny that truth?

But I really AM older today. Yesterday was my birthday. Sand someone gave me a card bearing this familiar quotation on aging:

“Do not regret growing older.

It is a privilege denied to many.”
(Author Unknown)

I wasn’t quite sure how to take that, but the sentiment stuck. I am grateful for another year of life and love and the forming of future memories. At the same time, I’d like to toss out my reading glasses, because they magnify every line on my face in the mirror.

Today’s Bible promise feels particularly fitting to me. Maybe you can relate.

Those who look to Him for help 
will be radiant with joy; 
no shadow of shame 
will darken their faces.
(Psalm 34:5, NLT)

Sure, I’d love to have my fresh, shiny, youthful face back. But I rejoice in the freedom of knowing my Lord has removed all my guilt and shame and burdens of the past in His grace. I can look in the mirror and out at the world with His joy (even in hard times), knowing He has set me free. 


And, whether anyone thinks I’m still pretty or not, God counts me as beautiful, simply because I belong to Him. Did I mention He loves my laugh lines too? I’m grateful that I have so many of them, as they point to plenty of good times.

The Scripture verse for today points to God’s promise to make those who follow Him shine with His radiance of joy. Oh, I desire that!

I want to be radiant with the light that comes from my Lord. Know the feeling?


Image/s:
Aging Quote and 
Scripture Graphic and
30 days of God’s Promises Graphic
Created by this user

Feel free to follow on GooglePlus and Twitter. Check out the Heart of a Ready Writer page on Facebook. You might even “LIKE” it!

You are also invited to join this writer's fan page, as well as the Chicago Etiquette Examiner, Madison Holidays Examiner, Equestrian Examiner and Madison Equestrian Examiner on Facebook.

Add to Technorati Favorites

 

No comments:

Post a Comment