Kindle Countdown Deals

Wednesday

Potent Parent Prayers: Hurry up and wait




I can hardly wait for Heaven. That’s not a death wish or anything. I like life. I am grateful for each day the Lord gives me. But I am pretty sure nothing in this life comes close to what is to come. That’s a given.

I’d love to see the Lord coming in the clouds to call His own to glory. What an indescribably amazing and wonderful day that will be. At the same time, I have lots of loved ones that still seem to be unsure about their faith in God. Others express outright disinterest in the Lord and the salvation He bought for us with His own life.


So I appreciate God’s waiting a bit before wrapping things up. I am eager for that day, but I can still name some dear ones that I’d really like to see there. And I’d love to be sure of that – ahead of time. (I know the timing's not up to me and that I may never know before then. God knows. But I still want to see it.)

That means I am caught in the tension between praying He will hasten His return and begging Him to wait just a little bit longer. Maybe you know the feeling.

Bring it, Lord. But please, bring us all.


The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. (2 Peter 3:9, NIV)


Merciful Lord, Your lovingkindness is without bounds. Your mercy is everlasting. And Your patience is beyond our comprehension. We beg for the hearts of those we love – our children, our parents, our family members, our friends, our coworkers, and our neighbors. Stir souls to respond to Your call, while time remains. Fill the sky on that glorious day with those who have surrendered to Your love.

We ask in faith and in the name of our wonderful Lord, Your Son Jesus Christ.


Image/s:
Developed by this user
with online graphic generators

Feel free to bookmark or subscribe. Don’t miss the Heart of a Ready Writer page on Facebook. You may also want to follow this writer on GooglePlus and Twitter.

Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments:

Post a Comment