Kindle Countdown Deals

Tuesday

May 5th - Created in Confidence

Created in Confidence

(Psalm 139; 145; 148; 150)


God’s Hands

Photographer Unknown


After today, we will spend just five more days in the Psalms, as we make our way through The Daily Bible in Chronological Order: 365 Daily Readings. I hope and trust that the Lord has blessed you through the reading of His precious Word and that He will continue to do so.


Although today’s Bible reading includes four wonderful Psalms, the first passage is indelibly imprinted upon my own heart today. Perhaps God has spoken to you through this section of Scripture, or even another passage. Won’t you leave a comment today to share what He is teaching you?


Psalm 139 – Intimacy with God


This psalm, which presents a beautiful portrait of the preborn child, testifies to the intimate knowledge and love of our wonderful Maker. How can we but love Him, when we consider how he knows our every thought, motive, word, action and even breath? How can we not accept ourselves, once we catch even a tiny glimpse of the Lord’s master craftsmanship and realize that He made us with His own divine knowledge and skill?


Views of a Foetus in the Womb

By Leonardo da Vinci

c1510


Here’s a personal and poetic adaptation of the gist of Psalm 139 that the Lord gave me today.


Wonderful and Worthy

(a Poetic Paraphrase of Psalm 139)


Great God, You search and know my heart,

Perceiving every hidden part.

Before a thought comes to my mind,

You hem me in – ahead, behind.

My tongue may arch, prepared for speech,

Yet You already know its reach.

My life is grounded in Your hand;

Such knowledge I can’t understand.


Where might I flee to hide my face,

Escaping Your voracious grace?

Undauntedly, You will pursue,

No matter what I say or do.

From depths to heights, Your Presence stays,

Oh, Ancient One of wondrous ways.

With hands a-scarred, You hold me dear,

Abolishing my doubt and fear.


For dark to You is surely light;

No one can stand within Your sight.

And yet, You call me just to come,

To flee from sin’s most sodden slum.

As Your creation, fondly formed,

I in Your Presence may be warmed.

Made and remade, from birth to birth,

Only in You may I find worth.


The story of my life is penned,

Within Your book, from end to end.

How precious are Your thoughts of me,

Outnumbering the sand and sea.

Lord, bring Your justice; shine Your strobe

On this unworthy, heartless globe.

Call Your creation to obey,

Awaiting still Your judgment day.


Examine fully my frail heart,

Consuming every evil part.

Investigate my every thought,

Removing doubt, with which I’m fraught.

Erase offensive ways in me,

That I may sing eternally –

Your glory ever aftermore

With Heaven’s holy worship corps.


c2009 by Linda Ann Nickerson


What is God saying to you today through His Word?


Let’s close our devotional today with Psalm 150, a song of worship to the Lord.


Will you pray with me?


“Praise the Lord.

Praise God in His sanctuary;

praise Him in His mighty heavens.

Praise Him for His acts of power;

Praise Him for His surpassing greatness.

Praise Him with the sounding of the trumpet,

Praise Him with the harp and lyre,

Praise Him with tambourine and dancing,

Praise Him with the strings and flute,

Praise Him with the clash of cymbals,

Praise Him with resounding cymbals.

Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.

Praise the Lord.”

Amen.

(Psalm 139, NIV)


Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments:

Post a Comment