Kindle Countdown Deals

Wednesday

14. Classic Illustrated Nativity


This colorful scene comes from a treasured vintage book, The Golden Staircase: Poems and Verses for Children, edited by Louey Chisholm and illustrated by M. Dibdin Spooner (1907). Something about the sweet faces, traditional garb, and rustic stable setting simply reminds me of the nativity scene my family had during my own childhood. I used to love setting up and rearranging the figures each Christmas season.

Maybe this one will evoke lovely memories for you as well, as you ponder the coming of the Infant King, who was born to give His life to redeem mankind.



Nativity, from The Golden Staircase, by Chisholm and Spooner, 1907

Feel free to follow on GooglePlus and Twitter. Don’t miss the Heart of a Ready Writer page on Facebook. You are invited to visit my Amazon author page as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment