Kindle Countdown Deals

Thursday

April 23rd - Unpuzzling God's Presence

Unpuzzling God’s Presence

(Psalm 70; 71; 77; 83; 86)


The Psalms are filled with prayers and petitions, promises and praises. To help us look more closely at some of these key verses, let’s try a crossword puzzle today (based on the NIV). Perhaps this exercise will help us to commit some of these significant Scriptures to memory.


Across

1. "I will praise You with the harp for Your _____________, O my God; I will sing praise to You with the lyre, O Holy One of Israel." (Psalm 71:22)

4. "O God, do not keep _________; be not quiet, O God, be not still." (Psalm 83:1)

7. "I will remember the deeds of the Lord; yes, I will remember Your __________ of long ago." (Psalm 77:11)

8. "In You, O Lord, I have taken _____; let me never be put to shame." (Psalm 71:1)

10. "When I was in _______, I sought the Lord; at night I stretched out untiring hands and my soul refused to be comforted." (Psalm 77:2)

11. "My mouth is filled with Your ______, declaring Your splendor all day long." (Psalm 71:8)

13. "All the _________You have made will come and worship before you, O Lord; they will bring glory to Your Name." (Psalm 86:9)


Down

2. "_______, O God, to save me; O Lord, come quickly to help me." (Psalm 70:1)

3. "Guard my life, for I am devoted to You. You are my God; save Your ________ who trusts in You." (Psalm 86:2)

5. "Let them know that You, whose name is the Lord - that You alone are the Most High over all the ______." (Psalm 83:18)

6. "Even when I am old and gray, do not forsake me, O God, till I declare Your power to the next _____________, Your might to all who are to come." (Psalm 71:18)

9. "Teach me your way, O Lord, and I will walk in Your truth; give me an _________ heart, that I may fear Your Name."(Psalm 86:11)

12. "For You have been my hope, O Sovereign Lord, my confidence since my _____." (Psalm 71:5)


Will you pray with me?


Gracious God,

Our Refuge and Redeemer,

Our very lives are in Your hands.

Others may attack us

With angry words and aggression,

But You promise to guard us.

Be our Protector today.

Shield our souls

From those that would harm us.

Hold our hearts,

For we belong to You.

Teach us Your truth,

So that we may stand strong,

Even in the face of deceit.

Lead us

For Your glory.

Amen.

Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments:

Post a Comment