Kindle Countdown Deals

Monday

April 20th - Prayers for Rescue

Prayers for Rescue

(Psalm 13; 17; 23; 26; 28; 31)


Beside the Still Waters

By Henry A. Hunper


The life of King David demonstrated the Lord’s guidance and protection in action. His words, as seen in many of the Psalms he wrote, testify to God’s shelter as well. Consider the many promises of rescue and relief in today’s Bible readings.


God’s Unfailing Love


The Lord’s love is everlasting and unchanging.


“But I trust in Your unfailing love;

my heart rejoices in Your salvation.

I will sing to the Lord,

for He has been good to me.”

(Psalm 13:5-6, NIV, emphasis added)


Do you feel unloved or abandoned, refused or rejected? Look to the Lord, who promises never to lessen His love.


God’s Faithful Provision


The Lord promises to provide for the daily needs of those who belong to Him, even as opponents and oppressors seem to succeed for a while.


“Arise, O Lord!

Stand against them,

and bring them to their knees!

Rescue me from the wicked with Your sword!

By the power of Your hand, O Lord,

destroy those who look to this world

for their reward.

But satisfy the hunger of Your treasured ones.

May their children have plenty,

leaving an inheritance for their descendants.

Because I am righteous,

I will see You.

When I awake,

I will see You face to face and be satisfied.”

(Psalm 17:13-15, NLT, emphasis added)


What is your greatest need today? Are you hungry? Desperate for daily provisions? Thirsty for the Lord’s own refreshing power? He is able to answer, and He can provide.


God’s Great Guidance


Every day, in times of peace and plenty or in days of danger and dire need, the Lord leads those He loves.


“You, Lord, are my shepherd.

I will never be in need.

You let me rest in fields of green grass.

You lead me to streams of peaceful water,

and You refresh my life.

You are true to Your Name,

and You lead me along the right paths.”

(Psalm 23:1-3, CEV, emphasis added)


Are you worried or confused? Do you need direction today? Our all-wise God longs to lead you into a good land, following a fruitful plan for your life.


God’s Present Power


The Lord offers His own strength and safety to those who cry out to Him. When we realize we cannot operate on our own power, He is able to carry us in His arms.


“Blessed be God –

He heard me praying.

He proved He's on my side;

I've thrown my lot in with Him.

Now I'm jumping for joy,

and shouting and singing my thanks to Him.

God is all strength for His people,

ample refuge for His chosen leader;

Save Your people and bless Your heritage.

Care for them.”

(Psalm 28:6-9, MSG, emphasis added)


God is so good. Isn’t it amazing how the Lord invites us to lean on His strength, even as our own has failed?


Once we trust Him with our own problems, we may be surprised to find that we are empowered and energized to pray for the needs of others. David placed his own concerns at the Lord’s feet and was able to intercede for the people. The Lord promises the same blessing to us today.


God’s Shelter from Slander


Throughout the Bible and all of human history, those who love the Lord have faced unfair criticisms and false accusations from those who opposed the faith. David was certainly no exception. In such times, the Lord has always been faithful to restore His people. Surely, He knows rejection and deception, having faced it Himself.


“How great is Your goodness,

Which You have stored up for those who fear You,

Which You have wrought for those who take refuge in You,

before the sons of men.

You hide them in the secret place of Your presence

from the conspiracies of man;

You keep them secretly in a shelter from the strife of tongues.

Blessed be the Lord,

For He has made marvelous

His loving-kindness to me

in a besieged city.

As for me, I said in my alarm,

‘I am cut off from before Your eyes’;

Nevertheless You heard the voice of my supplications

When I cried to You.

O love the Lord, all His godly ones!

The Lord preserves the faithful

And fully recompenses the proud doer.

Be strong and let your heart take courage,

All you who hope in the Lord.”

(Psalm 31:19-24, NASB, emphasis added)


Are you feeling put down or let down by others? Do you face constant criticism, angry attacks or verbal abuse? The Lord sees. Let Him guard your soul and refresh your spirit with His great grace and His everlasting love.


O love the Lord, all you His saints!

The Lord preserves the faithful,

and plentifully pays back

him who deals haughtily.

Be strong and let your heart take courage,

all you who wait for

and hope for

and expect the Lord!”

(Psalm 31:23-24, AMP)


Will you pray with me?


Loving Lord,

How we need Your grace each day.

Forgive us for the times

We have persecuted others

Or attacked them with our words.

Guard our hearts

From those who assail us

With angry phrases,

False accusations,

Verbal abuse

And threats.

You are our shelter

And our deliverer.

You are truth

And mercy

And perfect power.

You are the Righteous One,

The only Judge.

We trust You

To set things right

In Your time.

Shield us,

For we look to You.

Amen.


Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments:

Post a Comment