Kindle Countdown Deals

Thursday

Pictures of Jesus: Needed




I simply love knowing that Jesus prayed for His apostles and for us as well. When He prayed on the night on which He was betrayed and arrested, He spoke of all who would come to faith in Him.

“My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in Me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as You are in Me and I am in You. May they also be in Us so that the world may believe that You have sent Me.”
(John 17:20-21, NIV)

This painting, Blessing Christ, by French Neoclassical artist Jean Auguste Dominique Ingres (1780-1867), seems to capture that moment. With hands raised towards Heaven, Jesus focuses above. The unscarred hands indicate this painting showed Christ before He was crucified.

I am simply stunned to think that Jesus prayed for me and all fellow believers some 2,000 years ago. How cool is that?

Oh, how I need the Lord. Every day I need Him. Anyone else feel like singing?



Blessing Christ
 by Jean Auguste Dominique Ingres
 1834

The Scripture memory tips series is ongoing, but the April A to Z Blogging Challenge has started, and Heart of a Ready Writer is participating again this year. Watch for the Bible memory series posts, which may be interspersed with the Pictures of Jesus series during the month of April.

Feel free to follow on GooglePlus and Twitter. Don’t miss the Heart of a Ready Writer page on Facebook.

Add to Technorati Favorites


2 comments:

  1. That's a lovely post about Jesus praying for everyone. Thank you for sharing Linda :)
    You are welcome to visit my A-Z posts here: http://sundarivenkatraman.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why yes! I'll have to give it a go next week...because I sure do.

    ReplyDelete