Kindle Countdown Deals

Monday

September 2nd - A Skeleton’s Story

A Skeleton’s Story

(Ezekiel 37:1-28; 38:1-23; 39:1-29)


Dry Bones

Photographer Unknown


God gave his Old Testament prophet Ezekiel a rather unusual vision – a valley of dry bones. Then the Lord asked Ezekiel if it might be possible for those dried out bones to come to life.


I love the answer Ezekiel gave to the Lord.


He asked me, "Son of man, can these bones live?"
I said, "O Sovereign Lord, You alone know."

(Ezekiel 37:3, NIV)


How many questions might we answer in exactly this same way? How often do we try to come up with our own smart solutions, when only God truly knows the answer? Doesn’t God seem to delight in asking rhetorical questions, perhaps simply to prove the pride or humility of the hearer?


The Lord promised Ezekiel that He could, indeed, raise dry, dead bones to life. Historically, God proved this to be true, as He restored the nation of Israel. Spiritually, our great and gracious Lord proves this daily, as He rebirths and renews all of us who recognize that we are dead in our sins without the fresh, new life that only He can provide.


How do I know this is so? I once was a dead shell, a skeleton without substance, carrying bony burdens. But the Lord set me free. He clothed me in His own holiness, rebirthing me in His own image. And He continues to remake me every single day.


What a wonderful Maker. What a wonderful re-maker. God is able!


Will you pray with me?


Creative God,

You breathed life into man.

Then You offered new life,

After we sold ourselves

To ourselves

And to sin.

You breathe new life into us

Each day,

As we turn to You.

Remake us.

Call life into our deadness,

And light into our darkness.
Say the word,

And it will be so.

For You are

The great “I AM,”

And there is no other.

Amen.


Add to Technorati Favorites

1 comment: